Core Security Releases Core Insight 5.0 to Solve Enterprise Vulnerability Data Overload Problem
ATLANTA, March 9, 2016 - Core Security®, a leader in the vulnerability management and attack intelligence space, today announced the release of its latest version of its vulnerability management solution, Core Insight 5.0.
Core Insight consolidates and prioritizes vulnerability management initiatives enterprise-wide by consolidating multiple vulnerability scans across vendors, while matching known exploits and simulating attacks. Core Insight 5.0 provides additional attack intelligence features, including a centralized asset store for consolidating and normalizing large amounts of vulnerability data, flexible reporting for granular analysis and customization, and interactive attack paths to quickly model potential threat scenarios.
By using graph technology, Core Insight enables rapid modeling of an entire network from the perspective of a potential breach. Using the graph concept of nodes (systems) and edges (network topology & vulnerabilities), Core Insight determines security-based associations across all vulnerable systems. As a result, Core Insight quickly highlights areas of weakness within large, complex networks.
“The primary vulnerability management problem facing enterprises today is data overload,” said Flavio de Cristofaro, CTO of Courion, which acquired Core Security in 2015. “Core Insight 5.0 solves this problem by providing comprehensive analysis of an enterprise’s vulnerability data and ranking the threats so users can quickly remediate the most critical vulnerabilities.”
New capabilities in Core Insight 5.0 include:
- Increased Scalability and Comprehensive Analytics: Core Insight 5.0 campaigns can now hold larger sets of data. Campaigns allow security teams to automate the process of identifying weaknesses in corporate networks. By running campaigns on a continuous basis, Chief Information Security Officers can track security trends over days, weeks, months, or years.
- Improved Usability through User Interface (UI) Enhancements: Core Insight 5.0’s user interface allows users to quickly apply Core Insight’s Attack Strategy technology to vulnerability, exploit, and attack path analytics. With the new interactive analytics tab, users can more easily focus on problem areas and also schedule automated campaigns. The new version also delivers several additional usability enhancements, including but not limited to:
- Assessing Risk by Subnet and VLAN: Users can identify potential threats to critical business assets posed by specific collections of systems. Organizations typically create subnets and VLANs with limited authentication to provide basic networking services to non-employees. Core Insight 5.0 identifies attack paths using subnets and VLANs as the starting points to quickly assess the risk presented by these guest services.
- Campaign target definition using dynamic asset selection criteria: The solution auto-analyzes the impact of newly added enterprise systems without requiring any configuration changes.
- Enhanced analytics: Enabling users to blacklist vulnerabilities from analytics results based on business needs.
- New out-of-the-box connectors and several other enhancements.
- Real‐Time Exploit Matching and One-Click Campaigns: Core Insight’s exploit matching requests now yield immediate results without the need to configure campaigns. By applying Attack Strategies to these results, security teams can further reduce the number of vulnerabilities that need to be prioritized for remediation. Additionally, with one click, Core Insight 5.0 users can quickly create automated campaigns enabling security teams to efficiently evaluate measureable changes in their security status.
ABOUT CORE SECURITY
Core Security provides the industry's first comprehensive attack intelligence platform offering advanced analytics to prioritize, validate and ultimately eliminate security threats. With Core Security, enterprises and security professionals focus on the most likely threats to their business by modeling, simulating and testing the actions of an actual attacker. The company helps more than 1,000 customers worldwide identify the most vulnerable areas of their IT environments to improve remediation efforts and better secure their business.
Courion, the market leader in Identity Governance and Administration (IGA), recently acquired Core Security. This acquisition of Core Security establishes the next generation of Vulnerability and Risk Management (VRM) Solutions. The combined company’s continuous and comprehensive view of security will help deter, detect, and remediate cyber security risk.
404-929-0091, ext. 211