CORE FORCE® is the first community oriented security solution for personal computers. CORE FORCE is free and provides a comprehensive endpoint security solution for Windows 2000 and Windows XP systems.
The security framework provided by CORE FORCE is leveraged by a community of security experts that share their security configurations for a growing list of programs. These security profiles can be downloaded by any user of CORE FORCE from the community Web site and they're also completely open so that they can be peer-reviewed to minimize security hazards. The community approach to endpoint security also allows end-users who are not security experts to work in a secure environment.
CORE FORCE can be used to:
* Protect your computer from compromises by worms, virus and email-borne malware
* Prevent your computer from being used as a staging point to amplify attacks and compromise others
* Prevent exploitation of known bugs in the operating system and applications running on your computer
* Prevent exploitation of unknown bugs (0-day) in the operating system and applications running on your computer
* Detect and prevent execution of adware, spyware, trojan horses and other malware on you computer
CORE FORCE provides inbound and outbound stateful packet filtering for TCP/IP protocols using a Windows port of OpenBSD's PF firewall, granular file system and registry access control and programs' integrity validation. These capabilities can be configured and enforced system-wide or on a per-application basis for specific programs such as email readers, Web browsers, media players, messaging software, etc.
Release date 2005-10-25
License type Apache 2