State of Authentication Report 2023
Survey results from 285 IT & Security professionals on the latest MFA, passwordless, and device trust trends
Get State of Authentication Report
Complete the form below read the full report
Get this report, independently conducted by VIB Research, that provides insights into the latest authentication trends.
- Authentication security is a top priority: 84% consider it a top 5 security priority.
- Multiple Identity Providers (IdPs) are common: 76% use multiple IdPs, a surprising trend in contrast to the usual consolidation of cybersecurity tools.
- Device Trust is woefully underused: 25% don’t use it all, indicating they are missing out on an easy way to improve their security posture.
- Passwordless is Being Embraced: 65% plan to adopt passwordless technologies in the next 2 years.
- Traditional MFA is Dead: 54% are concerned with its susceptibility to cyberattacks.
“Although companies are offering more ways to authenticate such as legacy MFA solutions, these technologies are still easily exploitable with ‘MFA bombing,’ ‘man-in-the-middle,’ and other attacks. SecureAuth’s State of Authentication Report further validates that it is time for organizations to move beyond legacy forms of MFAs and onto passwordless technologies.”
Executive Director and CMO