Integrated Solution, Patents, Awards, and Industry Distinctions Punctuate SecureAuth’s Industry Leadership and Innovation
Company unifies brand as momentum in the market surges
Irvine, Calif. – Oct. 10, 2018 – SecureAuth, the leader in continuous identity security, today announced several significant developments that demonstrate the company’s continued influence and growth in the cybersecurity industry. These include:
- The launch of SecureAuth Password Management, an integrated solution that combines technology from SecureAuth IdP and Core Password to deliver a low-friction, self-service experience
- The granting of three U.S. patents
- Multiple industry awards and widespread praise for SecureAuth IdP and Core Access Insight
- Designation as a leader in Product and Innovation in Leadership Compass for Access Governance, and Intelligence and Adaptive Authentication
- Named a 2018 Gartner Peer Insight Customers’ Choice for Access Management, Worldwide
Integrated solutions that protect without bothering users
SecureAuth has again distinguished itself by integrating leading technology from SecureAuth IdP and Core Password products to create SecureAuth Password Management. The tool allows enterprises to simplify the self-service password reset process across a wide range of systems with advanced adaptive authentication that enables a low-friction, yet high-security experience. As businesses secure all of their network applications and devices while enabling users, enterprises will continue to see fewer help-desk tickets, reduced cost, and increased productivity.
U.S. Patent Office grants new patents
Continuing to innovate and bring to market modern solutions to meet customers’ needs, SecureAuth was granted three recent patents:
- In August, “Methods and systems for detecting compromised computers” was granted Patent No. 10,044,748
- In July, “Method and system for detecting malicious and/or botnet-related domain names” was granted Patent No. 10,027,688
- In June, “Generation and validation of derived credentials” was granted Patent No. 9,992,189
“To be an innovator in cybersecurity, we fully believe in the necessity of constantly inventing new techniques and solutions that deliver greater value to our customers and increase our reputation throughout the industry,” said Keith Graham, chief technology officer at SecureAuth. “Innovation demonstrates our commitment to customers by tactically evolving and staying ahead of attackers, moving toward our mission of eliminating identity-related breaches and enabling trust.”
SecureAuth earns industry acclaim and customers’ choice distinction
SecureAuth IdP – which delivers modern adaptive authentication with identity-based threat detection – was included in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Access Management, Worldwide June 2018 for offering the broadest set of user authentication methods and adaptive access features among all vendors covered in the report. The report mentioned SecureAuth IdP is the only vendor that provides protection against the fraudulent transfer of users’ phone numbers to new devices and to new carriers.
In addition, SecureAuth was also recognized as a leader by KuppingerCole in the Leadership Compass for Access Governance and Intelligence, and Adaptive Authentication. Core Access Insight, which offers an intuitive web-based interface that provides detailed information about access requests, was named a leader in Product, Innovation, and Overall “for its secure and innovative solutions that are both modern and flexible.” SecureAuth IdP was also named leader in the Leadership Compass for Adaptive Authentication in Product, Innovation, and Overall.
SecureAuth was named a 2018 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Access Management, Worldwide – a distinction based on feedback and ratings from professional end users. SecureAuth received a 4.6 out of 5 rating based on 71 verified customer reviews as of October 9, 2018. Excerpts from customers who contributed to the distinction:
- “Great product with the kind of ‘what can we do to help’ support is what sets this vendor apart. The product is hugely capable and offers admins a great experience.”
– Security Controls and Automation Director, Manufacturing. https://www.gartner.com/reviews/review/view/533715
- “We’ve been a SecureAuth customer for over seven years now and [are] very happy with their product. Using this product has been great for providing single sign-on for a number of business applications, which my associates benefit from. Additionally, providing multi-factor authentication in various ways has been a great security enhancement. Their product continues to evolve and meets our needs as a financial services institution.”
– SVP Director of IT, Finance.
Industry recognizes SecureAuth
SecureAuth received numerous industry recognitions and awards during 2018, including:
- Larry Kraft, SecureAuth vice president of Global Channels and Alliances, was named to the CRN Channel Chiefs for the third consecutive year
- Best Authentication Solution, SC Awards Europe 2018
- Best Multi-Factor Authentication, Cybersecurity Excellence Awards
- Finalist for Best Vulnerability Management, SC Awards Europe, and Best Identity and Access Management Solution, SC Awards
- Nomination for 2018 Computing Security Awards’ Best IAM Solution of the Year and Best Enterprise Security Solution of the Year
- Finalist for Best Authentication Technology for SecureAuth IdP at the 2018 SC Awards
The awards and accolades for SecureAuth IdP validate the company’s drive to prevent the misuse of credentials by providing intelligent intersections between security and identity.
Recognition confirms company focus
The tremendous momentum by the company demonstrates the efficacy of the strategy put into place when SecureAuth and Core Security merged in October 2017. Since then, the company had been known as SecureAuth + Core Security until today, when at its INTERSECTION 2018 event in Washington, D.C., the company revealed that it simplified its name under SecureAuth. As part of the brand unification, the company introduced a new logo and tagline, symbolizing the intelligent intersection of identity and security and emphasizing its mission to eliminate identity-related breaches.
“The new brand is the embodiment of SecureAuth + Core Security taking the final step in becoming one company with one vision, one mission, and one culture.” said Mark Zembal, chief marketing officer at SecureAuth. “The tagline ‘Eliminating Identity-Related Breaches’ was chosen because it quite literally is our company mission. Not only is it a rallying cry for everyone who works at SecureAuth, it’s also an unequivocal stake in the ground telling the world our reason for being.”
The awards, patents, and industry recognition are further validation of how SecureAuth enables people and devices to intelligently and adaptively access systems and data, while effectively keeping bad actors from doing harm. It also showcases why the company is leveraged by leading companies, their employees, their customers, and their partners.
“The industry is beginning to understand that without identity security, enterprise security is incomplete. It’s the elephant in the room and an increasing number of companies are beginning to acknowledge it,” said Jeff Kukowski, chief executive officer at SecureAuth. “Given how the number of identity-related breaches continues to increase despite an increase in overall cybersecurity spending, organizations are beginning to elevate identity from simply being a business enablement/IT function to a powerful force in the cybersecurity equation. It is the missing link in helping enterprises continually assess risk and establish trust between organizations, employees, partners, customers, networks, and devices, which is the catalyst for true digital transformation.”
SecureAuth eliminates identity-related breaches through the continuous assessment of risk and the enablement of trust across identities. The company is a leader in access management, identity governance, and penetration testing. SecureAuth’s highly flexible Identity Security Automation platform redefines security through identity making it easier for organizations to prevent the misuse of credentials. To learn more, visit www.secureauth.com, or connect with us at email@example.com, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice constitute the subjective opinions of individual end-user reviews, ratings, and data applied against a documented methodology; they neither represent the views of, nor constitute an endorsement by, Gartner or its affiliates.
SecureAuth is a registered trademark in the United States and/or other countries.