Accelerate Digital Transformation Projects with Solid Identity and Authentication Practices
October 10, 2019
Nearly every organization is looking at ways to use technology to improve at least some aspect of their business. Successful digital business initiatives help organizations enable their business and their workforce, increase productivity, and become more competitive. They help organizations improve interactions with customers, drive engagement, and improve business delivery. However, they also increase the threat surface, leaving organizations more vulnerable to cyberattacks than ever before.
Organizations must navigate ways to accelerate digital transformation projects while strengthening security and secure access in a way that makes sense for their business and their users.
In the Q&A-style article, Jay Bretzmann, Program Director for IDC’s Security Products research, answers questions about the role of identity in digital business and explores:
- How identity is central to digital business initiatives for both customer and enterprise environments
- What decisions must be made to balance user experience and security
- How business and IT teams can work together to achieve both experience and security goals
- CIAM and IAM initiatives converging
- Measuring and reporting on return on investment or success for identity initiatives