SecureAuth Launches SecureAuth University Cybersecurity Certification Program
University Empowers Industry Professionals to Build Expertise Amidst Evolving Cyberattack Tactics and Widening IT Security Skills Gap
IRVINE, Calif. – Aug. 11, 2016 – SecureAuth Corporation, the leader in adaptive access control, today announced the launch of SecureAuth University, a continuing education program for customers, partners and employees of SecureAuth. Through eLearning and instructor-led courses, SecureAuth University offers certification for three levels of cybersecurity professionals: administrator, advanced administrator and developer.
According to the 2016 Gartner CIO Agenda Report, 66% of CIOs believe there is a scarcity of talent, with respondents ranking talent the top barrier to achieving their business objectives. SecureAuth University aims to close this widening skills gap by providing cybersecurity professionals with the education they require to build their industry expertise, enabling both their individual success and the success of their company.
“While there are many industries that provide, and in fact mandate continuing education – namely the legal and financial sectors – such programs are severely lacking within the cybersecurity field,” said Rohit Khanna, Senior Vice President of Customer Success at SecureAuth. “With the rapid evolution of attack tactics, the cybersecurity industry must hold itself to a higher standard. By earning a certification through SecureAuth University, security professionals can demonstrate their skills and expertise not only within the SecureAuth ecosystem, but also within the cybersecurity industry at large.”
- Training offered through SecureAuth University can help organizations quickly maximize their return on investment by delivering:
- A greater understanding of current methods used in cyberattacks, and how to recognize the early stages of a breach
- Education on layering adaptive authentication methods such as, device recognition, analysis of the physical location of the user, or continuous authentication such as behavioral biometrics to verify the identity of the end user
- The value in threat services to determine remote access request risks
- How to increase cybersecurity while maintaining frictionless user experience, enabling activity; and how flexible workflows can be used to tailor security levels for different use cases
“There is clearly a disconnect for many C-level executives who don’t ‘get’ cybersecurity,” said Khanna. “Compared to other simple training and onboarding drills, SecureAuth University equips IT security professionals with more knowledge and information to help bridge this gap between themselves and other C-level executives that may not understand SecureAuth IdP or cybersecurity solutions in general. Certified individuals will be empowered to talk intelligently and confidently to business sponsors about how they can address security fears and authentication gaps within their organization, ultimately ensuring their business and its sensitive information remains safeguarded.”
Classes are in session! For more information on SecureAuth University, please click here.